Are you one of those women who always want to look clean and smooth as a baby? Always reaching for that hair remover whenever you saw those nasty hairs coming out? Well, let me introduce you to Harnaam Kaur, the girl who grew a beard.
Harnaam Kaur, 27, one of the women leading the movement “We Can Face It” which is to try breaking the negative image of having facial hair, holds the Guiness Book of World Record as the youngest female with a full beard in 2016. She started noticing the growth on her face, arms and chest when she was just 11. She later found out that this was due to PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) which makes women to develop high level of male hormones.
An ancient secret to removing hair on your face…
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of organic turmeric powder
- Water to combine
- In a small bowl, combine baking soda and turmeric
- Add a small amount of water to combine the ingredients. There should be enough water that the mixture becomes a paste
- Apply directly to areas that you wish to remove the hair
- Allow the mixture to dry on your skin.
When the mixture is dry, rub it off of the skin using your fingers
- Complete the procedure by washing your face with your favorite face wash in order to remove the turmeric color, and apply moisturizer
- Do not use on dry or sensitive skin, as it can tend to dry out the skin.
- Do not use processed turmeric, as this can tend to stain. Instead, focus on using organic turmeric powder in this remedy.
If your not wanting to do the natural route… Here is something that is hypoallergenic and works fantastic. It looks like a lipstick but removes hair and can stuff in your purse.
Don’t be shy!
Share this awesome DIY with friends and family by clicking your favorite social network below.
Let's bust some myths
Blackheads are caused by dirt: They are not! Large pores, the dead skin/sebum build-up reacts with oxygen turning it black. Voila- a blackhead!
You can shrink your pores: Nope, not possible! Ever! Although there are a lot of pore minimizing products out there, you can’t totally shrink them. Pores are not muscles, they are simply holes that house the hair follicles and oil glands that are covering your body. However, they can make the pores appear smaller – such as using lemon juice which is an astringent and causes skin tissue contraction.
Like acne and so many other skin conditions, myths abound about how to get rid of blackheads. Home Remedy.
Toner for Tighter Pores
Lemon juice is just the astringent substance needed to get the job done, however, it can lighten skin temporarily. Everyday Roots.
You will need…
- 1 lemon
- cotton balls
- a small bottle
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bottle and use enough to dampen a cotton ball.
- Apply to affected areas 3-4 times a week specially on your T-zone, at bedtime.
- When you wake up, rinse your face with luke-warm water and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Store the rest of the lemon juice in the refrigerator up to a week.
Friendly reminder: the juice can sting sometimes!